How to get the most out of your walk with God | UCHENNA C. OKONKWOR

Pages

Monday 12 September 2016

How to get the most out of your walk with God

Hello…can you hear me?


(3) How to get the most out of your walk with God
  1. Get physically ready to communicate with God.
  2. Get emotionally ready to communicate with God.
  3. Prepare to listen.
Psalms 61:2 “From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee..”
Psalms 61:4 “I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever..I will trust in the covert of thy wings.”
Psalms 61:8 “So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.”
There are 4 “I wills.” Where did those decisions come from?
The Holy Spirit told the psalmist what he needed at that moment in his life. And He was listening…
As a believer reads the Word of God,
The Holy Spirit shows him God’s plan.
Things in the Bible will “jump out”…
Things will “speak to your heart”…
Things will “impress your spirit”…
Things will “stand out”…
All those phrases describe God the Holy Spirit speaking to His people.
It’s not spooky, or creepy, or coincidental. God speaks thru His Word. Communicating with God is not a one-way street of “gimme gimme.” God wants to develop you into the image of His Son. In order for that to happen–we have to be listening.
The psalmist listened & decided..
Vs 2 I Will Pray
Vs 4 I will Stay in the Tabernacle.
Vs 4 I will Trust in the Lord.
Vs 8 I will Sing to the Lord.
Not everyone is at the same place spiritually. It doesn’t make sense to give a teenager gerber food, nor a toddler a T-Bone. But God knows what we need if we are listening.
One thing that would revolutionize people’s walk with God — is listening to Him.
Elijah waited for the still small voice.
1 Kings 19:12 “And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.”
Elijah was listening for God.
Luke 24:32 “And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?”
The disciples on the road to Emmas, were unsure but as this “mystery man” explained the Bible– their hearts burned.
If you read something that “speaks to your heart,” that not a coincidence. The Holy Spirit is point you to the Son of God. Be listening.
He’s still the I AM!

No comments :

Facebook Blogger Plugin by NewsFlashNaija

Post a Comment